The KHUD MUKHTAR Program is a significant initiative aimed at enhancing the economic and social inclusion of selected households, with a focus on building and improving human capital in poverty-stricken communities. This program, developed by the Punjab Social Protection Authority, addresses the crucial aspect of early childhood education for youth through skills training and the transfer of microfinance programs.
The KHUD MUKHTAR Program, launched under the Punjab Human Capital Investment Project, is committed to fostering economic prosperity by providing opportunities for decent employment and personal business ventures. Recognizing the fundamental right of every individual to economic independence, the program operates in 11 districts of Punjab, including Bahawalpur, Muzaffargarh, Bhakkar, Dera Ghazi Khan, Mianwali, Rahim Yar Khan, Rajanpur, Khushab, Leh, Bahawalnagar, and Lodhran.
This program targets married couples aged 18 to 29 years, residing in households receiving financial assistance from the Benazir Income Support Program. Eligibility is determined based on the presence of at least one child under 5 years of age.
- Financial Support: Selected households receive financial assets amounting to Rs 72,000, coupled with business training, to uplift them from poverty and set them on the path to prosperity.
- Verification and Nomination: Eligibility of BISP households is verified locally, and the nomination for personal employment is done by the housewife.
- Business Training: Training sessions are conducted to enhance business running and management skills, ensuring profitability through better planning.
- Investment Planning: Household-level investment planning is facilitated with the support of social organizers, ensuring effective use of financial assistance.
- Technical Support: The program receives technical support in the operational field from IRM and NRSP, ensuring its successful implementation.
- Monitoring and Accountability: A committee comprising local representatives supervises the procurement process, guaranteeing responsible use of financial assistance for personal employment.
- Youth Employment: Providing employment opportunities for youth is a key objective of the program, contributing to overall societal and economic development.
- Industrial Home
- Car Painter
- Mobile Repairing Shop
- Samosa Pakoda Shop
- Pickle Jam Work
- Grocery Store
- Loader Rickshaw
- Bangles Shop
- Engravings on Vessels
- Livestock Rearing
- Tea and Snack Stall
- Fruit and Vegetable Shop
- Rickshaw Repairing
- Electrician and UPS Service Center
- Welding Shop
- Motorcycle and Car Mechanics
The KHUD MUKHTAR Program not only provides financial assistance but also focuses on skill development, creating a pathway towards economic prosperity and improved living standards for deserving households. By empowering individuals through personal employment opportunities, the program plays a vital role in reducing poverty and fostering sustainable development.