Healthcare is a fundamental right, and the Government of Pakistan has taken a giant leap towards fulfilling this right for its citizens with the re-launch of the Sehat Sahulat Program. This initiative, managed by the National Health Services Regulation and Coordination (NHSRC), aims to provide top-notch medical facilities to the underprivileged and low-income families across the nation.
The Essence of Sehat Sahulat Program
Providing Essential Health Facilities
The Sehat Sahulat Program 8500 stands as a beacon of hope for those in need, offering a comprehensive array of medical and surgical procedures, hospitality, maternity, and consultation services – all entirely free of cost.
Evolution from Sehat Insaf Card to National Identity Card
The program has evolved, replacing the Sehat Insaf Card with the National Identity Card as the key to unlock free treatment facilities. Now, individuals can seamlessly access medical services using their ID card, simplifying the process and ensuring a more widespread reach.
The Registration Process
Since its inception, the Sehat Sahulat Program has garnered immense support, with over 100 million people signing up. The impact is palpable, with 20 million medical treatments already provided to beneficiaries, resulting in substantial savings in healthcare expenses for the government.
Main Objectives and Goals
The Sehat Program 8500 is not just a healthcare initiative; it embodies specific objectives aimed at creating a healthier, more resilient society.
- Free Access to Quality Health Facilities The primary goal is to provide free access to quality health facilities, ensuring that healthcare is not a luxury but a basic right for all.
- Financial Treatment for Unstable Households Targeting households with unstable financial conditions, the program offers free financial treatment, alleviating the burden on families in need.
- Controlling the Spread of Diseases Another crucial objective is disease control, contributing to a healthier nation by implementing preventive measures and timely interventions.
- Facilitating Health Facilities in Remote Areas The program strives to bridge the gap by providing basic health facilities to the poor and deserving residing in remote areas, raising awareness to enhance accessibility.
Ensuring Fair Distribution
To ensure fair and transparent distribution, the government has set stringent eligibility criteria for the Sehat Sahulat Program 8500.
- Correct NADRA Registration Accurate registration of personal details in the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) is imperative to avail the benefits of the National Health Card.
- Marriage Certificate Registration For married individuals, the registration of marriage certificates is a prerequisite, promoting accurate family records.
- Child Enrollment and Family Rules Details of child enrollment and adherence to family rules in Bay Farm are essential for comprehensive eligibility assessment.
- NADRA Record Linkage Household linkage with the head in the NADRA record ensures a more accurate representation of family units.
Simplified Registration Process
Easy Access for Every Eligible Individual
The registration process has been intentionally simplified to ensure that every eligible person can complete their enrollment seamlessly. Having a national identity card is the only requirement for registration.
Sehat Sahulat Program Online Registration
The process is user-friendly. Individuals need to send an SMS with their ID card number from the registered SIM card to 8500. Subsequently, a response message containing the full details of the registration will be sent.
For those concerned about verifying their eligibility, the Sehat Sahulat Program provides a hassle-free process.
- Via SMS Individuals can send their 13-digit CNIC number to 8500 through SMS to receive a text message confirming their eligibility.
- Online Verification Alternatively, eligibility can be checked online by entering the ID card number in the designated box on the program’s website.
Sehat Sahulat Helpline
Support and Information
For additional information or to report any discrepancies, the Sehat Sahulat Helpline is readily available.
Contact Number: 0800-09009
The Sehat Sahulat Program 8500 is not just a healthcare initiative; it’s a transformative endeavor to ensure that healthcare reaches the farthest corners of the nation, leaving no one behind. By simplifying registration, ensuring eligibility transparency, and providing a plethora of health services, the program stands as a beacon of hope for millions.
- Who manages the Sehat Sahulat Program? The program is managed by the National Health Services Regulation and Coordination (NHSRC).
- What is the primary objective of the Sehat Sahulat Program? The main objective is to provide free access to quality health facilities for the underprivileged.
- How can I check my eligibility for the program? Eligibility can be checked through SMS by sending your CNIC number to 8500 or online by entering your ID card number on the program’s website.
- What documents are required for Sehat Sahulat Program registration? The essential documents include correct NADRA registration, marriage certificate for married individuals, child enrollment details, and family record adherence.
- Is the Sehat Sahulat Helpline available for assistance? Yes, for any information or reporting concerns, individuals can contact the Sehat Sahulat Helpline at 0800-09009.
BISP Basic Information Required
|Benazir Income Support Program, Block F, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad, Pakistan
|Registration Document Required
|CNIC, B-Forms, Mobile No, Gas/Electricity Bill, Home Rent Agreement if Available.