Under the Prime Minister Youth Program, the federal government has initiated the PM’s National Laptop Scheme, offering free laptops to young individuals. Over one hundred thousand laptops will be provided to students as part of this scheme to enhance their educational opportunities.
Previously, the PTI government had temporarily halted the youth laptop scheme led by Prime Minister Imran Khan and introduced another initiative called the Prime Minister’s Youth Loan Scheme. This comprehensive program not only provides financial support but also includes provisions for laptops and access to quality educational institutions.
To participate in this program, you must adhere to the following criteria:
- Students enrolled in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) within the private sector.
- Individuals who have previously received laptops through any federal or provincial government initiative.
- Foreign nationals, excluding students from Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
- Applicants who have not submitted their applications via the online portal for any reason.
- Eligibility for the laptop award will also be assessed during distribution. If a student fails to provide the required academic documents and proof of performance, they will not receive a laptop.
- Before laptop distribution, applicants will be questioned about whether any selected candidates have completed a degree program.
New Student Registration for PM Laptop Scheme:
To apply online for the PM Laptop Scheme, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Prime Minister Youth Program for online applications.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Enter your ID card number to determine your eligibility.
- If you are ineligible, provide your first name, father’s name, date of birth, and current address.
- Specify your employment status and student status in your district.
Latest Update on PM Laptop Scheme – (October 2023)
Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr. Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif, has announced that in the upcoming year of 2024, more than one hundred thousand laptops will be distributed among both male and female students.
This decision comes in response to the high demand and the inclusion of many deserving and talented students who were unable to receive laptops due to the previous allocation of only fifty thousand laptops. Consequently, the government has resolved to distribute over one hundred thousand laptops to students from universities across Pakistan in the following year.
BISP Basic Information Required
|Benazir Income Support Program, Block F, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad, Pakistan
|Registration Document Required
|CNIC, B-Forms, Mobile No, Gas/Electricity Bill, Home Rent Agreement if Available.