The financial struggles faced by laborers in Pakistan are being addressed through the Benazir Mazdoor Card initiative, a collaborative effort between the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) and the provinces of Punjab, Sindh, KP, Baluchistan, and FATA. This initiative aims to simplify the process for laborers to apply for a worker’s card, granting them access to the financial assistance they urgently need.
How To Get Benazir Mazdoor Card?
Step 1: Check Eligibility
To be eligible for the Benazir Mazdoor Card, workers must be registered with the Employees’ Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI) and belong to a household with a monthly income of less than Rs. 30,000.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
Applicants need their CNIC or B-Form and EOBI registration number. If applying through a union, a union letter is also required.
Step 3: Apply Online
Visit the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) website, click “Apply Now,” and follow instructions to complete the online form. Ensure all necessary documents are attached.
Step 4: Wait for Verification
After submission, the BISP team will verify the application, requiring patience during this process.
Step 5: Receive Your Card
If approved, the Mazdoor Card will be sent by mail to the provided address.
Remember, the Mazdoor Card is meant to aid workers in need, so applicants should strictly adhere to eligibility criteria to benefit from this initiative.
Benefits of “Mazdoor Card”
The Benazir Mazdoor Card offers a spectrum of advantages to eligible workers:
Approved workers receive Rs. 12,000, directly transferred to their bank accounts.
Cardholders and their families enjoy health insurance covering hospitalization, surgery, and other medical expenses.
Free education up to the intermediate level is provided to the children of Mazdoor Cardholders.
Utility Bill Payment
The card can be utilized to pay electricity and gas bills, up to a specified amount.
Eligible workers reaching retirement age benefit from pension provisions.
The program facilitates job opportunities through skill development and training programs.
In essence, the Benazir Mazdoor Card initiative aims to construct a comprehensive social safety net for registered workers in Pakistan, significantly impacting their lives and fostering a more equitable society.
The Benazir Mazdoor Card initiative, in collaboration with NADRA and provincial governments, stands as a beacon of hope for laborers in Pakistan. By addressing financial challenges and providing a range of benefits, this program contributes to the well-being and prosperity of workers and their families.
- Who is eligible for the Benazir Mazdoor Card?
- Workers registered with EOBI, belonging to households with a monthly income below Rs. 30,000.
- How much cash transfer does the Mazdoor Card provide?
- Rs. 12,000, directly transferred to the bank accounts of approved workers.
- What documents are required for the application?
- CNIC/B-Form, EOBI registration number, and, if applying through a union, a union letter.
- What benefits does the Mazdoor Card offer in terms of education?
- Free education up to the intermediate level for the children of cardholders.
- How long does the verification process take?
- The verification process may take some time, and applicants are advised to be patient.